The Ace

231 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 1M3 ‎
Photo taken from Google Maps

I went here once in March which was a long time ago now, but I think I remember it pretty well.  My grandma had just died and my friend Gwen took me here to get drunk and console me.

I think the most important thing to tell you about this place is that I was wearing mixed prints when I went there.  It was just starting to become a trend and I wasn’t really sure how to do it.  I had a black and white striped shirt on under a black and white tweed or something blazer.  The blog I read about mixing prints said the best thing to do as a beginner is to stick to a colour pallet.  I think I looked pretty good.

We sat at the bar because it was dinner time and Gwen and I weren’t eating.  I’d had half a burrito for lunch and the other half on the streetcar home.  I’m surprised I’m remembering this so well, but it was a memorable burrito.

There were hooks directly under the bar for us to hang our jackets on so they didn’t fall on the floor.  We had a lot of clothes because it was still winter, but there wasn’t anyone else sitting at the bar, so Gwen and I used two hooks each.  Eventually I got warm and took my blazer off and hung it on a hook too.  Then I was just wearing a striped shirt, and I was disappointed that I wasn’t ultrafashionable anymore.

Gwen bought me my drink because I was feeling very sad, and that did make me feel a little better. 


After the Ace, we went to another bar and it turned out a girl I went to high school with worked there.  It was nice to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment